Thursday, September 25, 2014

Reflection Process from week 5


What happened?


The assignment for week 5 was to pick a rhythmic poem, which I chose Let the Piper Call the Tune, and introduce the rhythmic poem with a steady beat and then demonstrate using "ta's and ti's" in place of the words.
  
What went well?



The lesson that I "taught", according to my professor, was that the rhythm and the beat that I used was correct which is four beats per measure.

What would I change?

Something that I would change with the way I recited my rhythmic poem would be the syllables. They did not match up. There are 7 syllables in the first line. When I made the words into “tas” and “tis”, I only used six notes. I would change it to:
Ti ti ti ti ti ti ta
Ti ti ti ti ti ti ta
Ti ti ta ti ti ta
Ti ti ti ti ti ti ta
What did I learn from my peers?

After watching some of my peers’ videos and the way they recited their “tas” and tis”, I think it helped me hear them better, and to better understand that you count your syllables when saying them. After the professor pointed out the “ta's and ti's” and explained how I did them wrong, I sat down and wrote them above each word, and I realized that I left a syllable out. Being able to watch him recite my poem out with how to do it, it made a lot more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment